- Prep-Clinic (age 7+)
- Junior Clinic (age 8+)
- Senior Clinic (Age 12+)
- High School Swimming Clinic (see details under programs)
Our clinic program is offered to swimmers looking for a more competitive environment. This program offers incredible options for swimmers who are looking for one or more practices per week. We have beginner competitive swimmers through high school athletes in this program.
North Jersey Aquatics provides a swim team environment for anyone looking to compete on a monthly basis. We run internal meets for swimmers who choose this level of competition and provide coaching at a high level of technique with a strong focus on learning the science behind buoyancy, balance, propulsion, and speed.
During the course of our clinic program swimmers will learn the necessary skills to join a higher level swim team while continuing to build endurance and master advanced techniques for competition. Swimmers will improve starts, streamlines, pullouts and turns for all four strokes. They will also learn how to be more efficient in their strokes, breathing techniques, and underwater propulsion in preparation for a competitive racing environment. After successful completion of our clinic program swimmers will be confident and ready to join a competitive swim team and continue their lifelong love of aquatics.
Clinic participants will have the option to practice 1-4 times a week. Clinics are offered at both The Morristown Beard School (MBS) as well as The County College of Morris (CCM). We suggest that Prep and Junior clinic swimmers swim at least twice per week to see maximum improvement. Senior Clinic swimmers are required to practice twice per week. Each additional day that you register for after the first day will be discounted 50%. The exact clinic practice times for each level are in the registration section of our website.
Prep Clinic (30-minute class)
This program is designed to transition swimmers from level 3/4 to clinics, giving these swimmers a chance to build up to the full 25 yard pool. The curriculum is heavily focused on developing legal technique in all 4 strokes as well as developing a lifelong love and respect for water and safety. Swimmers will improve long and short-axis strokes using a variety of drills and detailed technique work.
The curriculum for our Prep Clinic is similar to our Level 4 class within our Learn to Swim program. The main difference is that our clinic program meets in larger class size, competitive length pool, and mimics a pre-swim team atmosphere to jumpstart a love and passion for higher level aquatic training.
Prep Clinics be performed in half laps to ensure swimmers are working on proper form. Swimmers will automatically be invited to our Junior Clinic when coaches feel they are prepared.
Junior Clinic (1-hour class)
This program is for swimmers who have been on a year-round or summer swim team previously or are looking to be on a team in the future. The curriculum is heavily focused on developing stronger legal techniques in all 4 strokes as well as developing a lifelong love and respect for water and safety. All level 4 swimmers and beyond are welcome to register. Swimmers will be learning the science behind buoyancy, body position, movement, and propulsion in the water.
Senior Clinic (1 1/2 hour class)
This program is for swimmers who have previously swam at a high level on a year-round or are looking to be on a high level team in the future. The curriculum is heavily focused on developing body control and power through advanced technique training in all 4 strokes as well as developing a lifelong love and respect for water and safety. Swimmers will be learning the science behind buoyancy, body position, movement, and propulsion in the water.
What days and times are clinics available?
- Specific class times and locations are available through our registration link. Each clinic level has a different schedule.
What happens if a pool is closed for any reason?
From time to time, our competition pools will close for external swim meets, campus events, etc. When this happens, you can schedule a swap day for any practice you have missed. Closure dates will be published in our Sunday Night Splash Newsletter. *Our pools reserve the right to change these dates at any time due to school events. In the event that a date is changed, we would let you know as soon as we were informed of the change and provide a swap.
What are the Prep Clinic prerequisites?
All level 3/4+ swimmers ages 7+ are welcome to register for this program. Swimmers must be able to swim 25-yard without coach support in the water, but most practice will be swimming ½ pool lengths as we work up to 25 yards. A formal evaluation is not required, but swimmers will be assessed on the first day and could be moved up or down a level based on this evaluation.
- In order to swim in a Prep clinic, swimmers must be able to:
- Swim 25-yards without coach support in the water or stopping
- Have learned the basics of bilateral breathing in freestyle
- Swim 15 yards of legal backstroke
- Have been exposed to breaststroke and butterfly kick
- Comfortable learning to dive
What are the Prep Clinic Details?
- Open to ages 7+ (level ¾ and beyond) who are ready to swim in a 25 yard pool
- In water technique stroke mechanics will be provided but this class is for swimmers who are ready to swim without a coach in the water.
- Our coaches meet each swimmer at their level based on cognitive and athletic abilities with the goal to move to a Junior Clinic.
- Evaluation will be performed on your first day of class for clinic confirmation and placement. If we need to move your swimmer up or down a level, we will make those changes immediately with you and adjust pricing if necessary.
- Prep Clinic base price is $164/month for one (1) 30-minute practice per week
- Add up to 4 additional days to build your own schedule for half price ($82 per month)
What are the Junior Clinic prerequisites?
- All level 4 swimmers and beyond are welcome to register. Swimmers must be able to swim 25-50 yards repeatedly for 60 minutes without coach support in the water.
- Invitation to Junior Clinics will be by invite only based on coach recommendation and formal tryout with our Club Coaching Staff. Swimmers could be moved up or down based on evaluation results.
- In order to swim in a Junior clinic, swimmers must be able to:
- Swim 25-50 yards repeatedly for 60 minutes without coach support.
- Bilaterally breathe efficiently in freestyle for 50 yards.
- Swim legal backstroke for 25 yards.
- Be able to dive off the side of the pool
- Have a basic understanding of breaststroke and butterfly kick
What are the Junior Clinic details?
- There are two separate Junior Clinic age groups: age 8-11 and age 12-15
- All level 4+ swimmers are welcome to register. Swimmers must be able to swim 25-50 yards repeatedly for 60 minutes without coach support in the water.
- Our coaches meet each swimmer at their level based on cognitive and athletic abilities with the goal to move to Senior Clinic.
- Junior Clinic is $180/month for one (1) 60-minute practice per week
- It is suggested that swimmers practice at least twice per week.
- Add up to 4 additional days to build your own schedule for half price ($90 per month)
What are the Senior Clinic Prerequisites?
- This clinic is for advanced swimmers who are looking to make a larger commitment to swimming.
- Swimmers must commit to at least 2 practices per week.
- Invitation to Senior Clinics will be by invite only based on coach recommendation and formal tryout with our Club Coaching Staff on your first day of practice. Swimmers could be moved up or down based on evaluation results.
- In order to swim in a Senior clinic, swimmers must be able to:
- Swim 100-200 yards efficiently and at a high intensity for 90 minutes.
- Swim freestyle consistently with bilateral breathing and efficient turns.
- Swim backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly legally
- Know the rules of racing for all 4 strokes.
- Be able to train for 90 minutes and complete 2500-4000 yards daily.
What are the Senior Clinic details?
- There are two separate Senior Clinic age groups: ages 12-15 and age 16+
- A formal evaluation on the first day of practice is required for this program.
- Our coaches meet each swimmer at their level based on cognitive and athletic abilities and Senior swimmers have different goals which include training year round without the commitment of a club team or preparing to try out for a club team.
- Senior Clinic swimmers are required to swim at least 2 days per week.
- $196/month for one (1) 90-minute practice per week
- Add up to 5 additional days to build your own schedule for half price ($98 per month)
Request More Information about our Prep, Junior, and Senior Clinic Programs:
(You can register for any of these programs now using the pink REGISTER button without filling out this form. Openings are live and filling all the time.)