Stroke improvement and advanced techniques
For high level competitive swimmers ages 11+
This curriculum is designed for competitive swimmers, from those just beginning a swimming career to those posting times at the national level and working towards college scholarships. It is also open to local college-level swimmers or those home on break from college program.
Swimmers in this program are looking to gain a stronger knowledge of the technical aspects of swimming, while gaining speed and implementing race strategies. Our focus in this program will be to first gain an understanding the scientific terms that apply to swimming such as buoyancy, propulsion, and body position in such a way that promotes greater swimming success. Swimmers will also be coached in how to improve mental skills through visualization and understanding of sport and competition at a deeper level. Many swimmers who already compete on surrounding teams will swim in this clinic.
Clinics will be offered as full 12-week sessions to go over all strokes, mini clinics and camps to work on specific skills, and as private instruction for 1-2 swimmers. ***All high level competitive lessons are private, closed sessions, with no photography/video allowed and no posted attendance lists. All of our schedules are also kept private. This is to protect the privacy of our swimmers.
Skills to be worked on in Advanced competitive clinic:
- Developing a love and respect of water through safety education and practical experience
- Mastering streamlines specific to all 4 strokes
- Improving quickness and speed off the diving blocks
- Improving freestyle and backstroke technique
- Improving breaststroke timing and power, with power kicking and pullouts
- Learning more efficient butterfly stroke, breathing, and underwaters
- Mastering Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly turns
Skills required to be eligible for this clinic:
- Swimmers must have prior experience on a year-round competitive team
- Swimmers must provide best times in 100/200 free and 100/200 of his/her best stroke. Eligibility will be determined based on age and posted times.