We are all about the experience gift this holiday season, and we know a popular choice to gift (& request) is tickets to one of our local indoor water park resorts! There are many to choose from and they are all equally a fun getaway that include unplugged family time and lots of water fun.
While having a splashing good time is high on everyone’s priority list at an indoor water park, safety is definitely the number one priority to every parent.
Here are 5 safety tips to help ensure that your family has a safe day of fun:
- Keep your ratios low! One adult per child is ideal, so have the grandparents or a favorite aunt tag along if you need an extra set of eyes.
- Have your child wear a life vest! Even if your child is a strong swimmer, it’s a good idea to have them wear a life vest as an extra safety precaution. Most indoor water parks have life vest guidelines and life vests to borrow, so be sure to check before going!
- Dress your child in a bright colored suit and rash guard. Neon is the big winner in water park safety- it makes it easy for you, and the lifeguards on duty, to spot your child.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day! The kids might not feel thirsty because they are wet, but they are burning a lot of calories running around and can get dehydrated easily.
- Have a designated meeting spot. The indoor water parks can get really crowded, and in the event that your child gets lost, be sure to set a very specific and easy to remember spot to meet up. And, show your child what the lifeguards look like, so they know who to go to when needing help.
Bonus tip– Coat the kiddos lightly with Aquaphor cream before heading into the water. The chlorine lever at indoor water parks in super high and can be irritating to their skin and the Aquaphor will help to protect it.
Wishing you a fun and safe getaway full of water family fun!
North Jersey Aquatics